cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to the server to retrieve firmware update - MB2720

kayako
Apprentice

Canon MB 2720 on Windows 11. Printer current version 3.070.

I have been receiving a message for quite some time alerting me that there is a firmware update on the server. I went to Firmware update --> Install update, and received the message "Cannot connect to the server. Please wait a while and try again." I have waited and waited to no avail. I still cannot install the update. This has been going on for months.

Today I installed the latest drivers from the Canon support site to no affect. 

In all other respects the printer works fine. I am connected to my home LAN wirelessly and multiple devices can print to it without difficulty including PCs and iPads. I have even explored, for instance, connecting to DropBox without error so I believe I have an internet connection.

3 REPLIES 3

ckeeh9186
Apprentice

I am having the same issue.  I am connected via LAN wireless and have no problem printing.  I have tried for several weeks, several times a day, and get the same message.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Kayako,

If you are having problems updating the firmware via wifi, you can try improving the network connection to see if it works. While the printer is off, you can unplug the router from the power for 5 seconds and plug it back in. Once the network is back up, you can try turning the printer on and performing the update. If it still fails, you can try moving the printer closer to the router to improve the signal strength. You can also try connecting the printer to your router with an ethernet cable to see if the update can complete.

mduncan68
Apprentice

Why didn't I think of that? Moved it closer to the router and BINGO! Thanks.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements