cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change an ink cartridge

TeePeeCan
Apprentice

Maxify MB2720.

My magenta ink is empty, but the ink level touch screen shows a "?" above the ink level icon.  When I open the door, the cartridges move to the right and I cannot change one.

How do I change it?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, Granitegal.  I was in IT support for 20 odd years, so know about users! LOL

Had tried several times over the last few days (including cleaning etc.), to no avail, but you must have the magic esp touch . . . when I switched on just now the message said cannot identify with cartridge, so I opened the door and the cartridges were aligned, but the eject handle wouldn't work so I shut the door and backed out and it showed an "x", I was then able to change it!

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Canon Knowledgebase article here:

Canon Knowledge Base - Replace Ink Tank - MAXIFY MB2720

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the response, but I do not have the "x" above the cartridge icon, I have a "?".  When I open the door, the cartridges stay on the right side and do not move to the replacement area, so I cannot change them.

granitegal
Apprentice

I may be able to help.   I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but have you turned your machine off and on?  ...and have you done any of the maintenance items such as nozzle check or head alignment?

Thanks, Granitegal.  I was in IT support for 20 odd years, so know about users! LOL

Had tried several times over the last few days (including cleaning etc.), to no avail, but you must have the magic esp touch . . . when I switched on just now the message said cannot identify with cartridge, so I opened the door and the cartridges were aligned, but the eject handle wouldn't work so I shut the door and backed out and it showed an "x", I was then able to change it!

Thanks for your help.

Woman LOL  I was trying to tread lightly.  I'm sitting here looking at a Pixma MG7120 (pgbk will not print) AND a Maxify MB2720 (black prints in streaks).  I've given up on the Pixma--flushing the print head did not help (probably time to replace due to age)

Currently flushing print head on the Maxify.  Fingers crossed!!

I had that problem on one of my previous printers.  I had been refilling it myself, so switched back to an OEM cartridge.  That did the trick.  I think DIY ink is of a poorer quality.

Anyway, good luck!

Announcements