cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon MF229dw won't scan and won't awake from energy saver mode

jkrupnik
Apprentice

Hello,

My Cannon MF229dw has been extremely fickle lately. If if is left alone for too long the screen on the printer lights up but doesn't show any text and becomes non-responsive. 

In addition, I'm receiving the following error messages when I try to use the scanner fuction:

"Cannot start the scanner driver while it is in use by another application or user"

and "Cannot scan because of the following -- Scan type is not set to [Remote Scanner] onthe device, - Scanner is busy, - Error occurred in the Scanner. Check the scanner status and try again. Scanner driver will be terminated. Code: 162,0,0"

I would appreciate some advice on how to avoid these issues if possible.

thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi jkrupnik.

I will be able to assist you.

I recommend downloading and installing the firmware update for the printer.  The update is available for download at the Canon website.  Please click the link below, and then select the [Firmware] tab:

imageCLASS MF229dw - Drivers & Downloads

Should the issue persist, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements