cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download imageCLASS LBP6030w firmware because the serial number is invalid

cwheeler8700
Contributor

Canon Support for imageCLASS LBP6030w | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Serial is NTGA51XXXX 

I have tried with and without letters. 

• The serial number you have entered is incorrect, or does not belong to an applicable product.
  • Please check the product serial number and the applicable product to make sure it is correct and re-enter it in the field.
8 REPLIES 8

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

Looks like someone else reported this problem: 🤔

Lbp6030w printer won’t recognize serial number! He... - Canon Community

I thought he was trying to use the seriak to log into the web portal of the printer not the Canon website downloads page.

I'm a bit confused by this particular trouble. With my MF743 and my church's MF733, I can access the units by typing the IP addresses in a browser and logging in by entering the administration codes that I stored earlier. 🤔

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@cwheeler8700,

Greetings.  Here is where to start.

https://myprofile.americas.canon.com/

Register your printer.  Use the last 10 digits of the serial number from right to left    XXXXXXxxxxxxxxxx

(example the red x's)  If registration fails, please check the following: Note, zeros can look like Oh's "0" "O" and vice versa.  So if you enter them incorrectly the serial number you are trying to use may be reported as incorrect.  If you are confident, you are entering the S/N correctly, you will need to contact support to have your product and serial number properly added. Once registered or corrected by Canon, you will have a valid working serial number for your product and can download the FW.

Canon Support for imageCLASS LBP6030w | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

thank you for your reply. Unfortunately the Canon website implores circular logic that prevents getting support for this printer. The serial number did work for registration but still provides no way to get support for Canon to fix the website and allow firmware download. No ability to open a support ticket online or chat or by email. Simply redirects me back to this forum. I have bought 4 of these printers but will have to stop buying them and replace these because I cannot validate that we are using the latest firmware which is a company security policy requirement.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

My registered products show the following options:

shadowsports_0-1668002715541.png

Even my expired products have a phone and chat option

shadowsports_1-1668002866765.pngshadowsports_2-1668002907228.png

I recommend you contact support.   1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I guess the level of support is different for different products. My screen demands payment of $0 using a valid credit card as shown here;

cwheeler8700_0-1668016692395.png

I will trying to call

Hello Cwheeler8700,

The serial number prefix is valid so the the firmware update tool should download. You can try downloading the firmware update tool using a different web browser or computer to see if you have the same issue. If the file is still not downloading and the printer is already registered to a MyCanon account, I would suggest calling support directly at 1-800-652-2666. You would not need to log into your MyCanon account before calling in. Our agents would be happy to check what is going on with the download for the firmware update tool or provide any alternative ways of downloading the file.

If you are having any problems calling support directly, please let us know what problems you are running into with the phone systems once you call in.

Announcements