cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change ink cartridges on maxify mb2320.

glennscalise
Apprentice

I open the front door and cartridge holder will not move to the center.  It will not move at all.  I just get a message that the front door is open

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

You will not be able to replace an ink tank until it is completely empty.  Please continue printing until the empty warning appears.  You should be able to replace the tank at that point.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

deadcenterdarts
Apprentice

I just spoke to Canon regarding this issue and was informed that there is no manual over ride for the pressurized ink system in this printer model so there is NO way to get the cartridge to move into place to be replaced until the machine is certain that it is out of ink.  
The question mark over the ink means the machine doesn't yet know that the ink is gone and will not be able to remove the ink cartridge until it does... So he told me to just keep printing... wasting paper on things that I can't use until the machine realizes there is no ink in the cartridge.  

I used to be a very local Canon customer.  This poor design and lack of forethought into potential issues makes me think that it's time to start exploring other manufacturers. 😞 

I have mb5420 and exactly the same problem.

I regret the day I bought this garbage. This is my last Canon. Unacceptable poor design.

Henryps
Apprentice
Almost the same, I can't change the black one. It doesn't read it. And it's already empty.

I have just replaced all the ink cartridges except the Black which is empty---it will not line up so I can change it.  There is no more ink and it just prints blank pages - I have a small home based business and I am desparate to fix this!!!!

Designed to fail...

jry19
Apprentice

I had this problem, too. In my case, I'd removed the empty cartridge and found out that I didn't have that color on hand. Whereupon I [FOOLISHLY!] inserted the USED cartridge back in place. And the printer promptly went dead. The following, posted by someone else herer and repeated for newer users, saved my goose:

See this on youtube for directions on how to remove a MB2320 ink cartridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mysHiP3-PHg

One final comment: Turn the gear PAST the click point (it will spin free) if the cartridge extraction doesn't work the first time.

Doing something like this can damage your MAXIFY and is absolutely not recommended by Canon USA. If you're in a situation where you need to change your ink and you can't, we highly recommend contacting our US-based support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666). Support at Canon USA is always free, and is right here in the USA. Our team is available Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 10:00 pm ET Saturday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm ET, excluding holidays All times ET, excluding holidays.

rjflaw
Apprentice

Smae problem. I cannot print and cannot change the ink. The machine is useless.  This is a ridiculously ineffectual design. I will never buy a Canon Copier again.

catatized
Apprentice
Resets won't work. If you feel along the inside top you'll notice that there is a plastic panel that goes across the front of the inside top. If you feel a long thing inside top you will be able to feel where it snaps in. Use a medium bladed flat screwdriver or something similar and you can pump that panel out of there without hurting anything. What's that's been removed you can send print command to the printer and as soon as it unlock the printheads but before it starts printing turn off the printer and you'll be able to move the print heads towards the center which point here's a clip at the top of the tank that allows you Tupac the tank out of the printer you can live inside a new tank in and continue printing.

smolsbee
Contributor
YES, THERE IS. I have an MB2320. I manually do mine. Watch the videos linked in comment above. It can take a couple of times to get it right but it's not difficult at all.
Announcements