cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer access the Canon Remote UI Management Mode (Portal) (on my Desktop Computer)

Steven1
Contributor

I set up access to the Canon Remote UI Management Mode (Portal) using my IPv4 address so that I could make changes to the settings of my imageCLASS MF6160dw directly from my Desktop Computer.

That has worked flawlessly for almost 3 months.

Then, all of a sudden 3 days ago, I started getting this message: This page can't be displayed

I have not added nor removed any equipment or software to my Desktop Computer.

I also reconfirmed that my IPv4 address was correct.

And I try to access the "Portal" numerous times at different times of the day & on different days.

My Desktop Computer is a Dell XPS 8700 Special Edition running Windows Pro 8.1 (64-BIT)

How can I regain access to the "Portal"?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steven1
Contributor
I never got a reply from anyone.

But for those who viewed this thread & may also have this problem, I finally figured out that the IP Address had actually CHANGED.

How & why it changed, I do not know.

But, the last 2 digits of .15 changed to .2

I can now access the Canon Remote UI Management Mode (Portal) by using the CHANGED IP Address.

Hope this helps someone.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steven1
Contributor
I never got a reply from anyone.

But for those who viewed this thread & may also have this problem, I finally figured out that the IP Address had actually CHANGED.

How & why it changed, I do not know.

But, the last 2 digits of .15 changed to .2

I can now access the Canon Remote UI Management Mode (Portal) by using the CHANGED IP Address.

Hope this helps someone.

That is part of your problem. Your copier should be a fixed IP address. If you can't access the UI by name or by name from your printer settings.

If you have a small company place all your printers starting at .100

You can to this in the copier under network settings or do it at your DHCP server (wherever that is located for you)

Announcements