cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody knows the name for my Canon D420 printer. Trying to install, but can not find the right name

Erniebdep
Apprentice

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Erniedbdep.

I will be glad to assist you.

The machine is the imageCLASS D420.  Please disconnect the printer from the computer, and then follow the instructions below to download and install the drivers:

1.  Go to Canon's Support & Drivers website at:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer

2.  Enter D420 into the Model Name field, then click GO.

3.  Your operating system will be detected automatically. If you need to download the drivers for a computer running a different operating system, you can change the selection in the drop down.

4.  Locate the Recommended for You section and click on the file named [Windows 32bit] imageCLASS D420 MFDrivers (UFR II / ScanG....

5.  After reading the details and disclaimer, click 'I Agree', then click the Download button and save the file to your computer.

6.  After reading the details and disclaimer, click 'I Agree Begin Download' and save the file to your computer.

Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to begin the installation.  Downloaded files are saved in the specified folder in a self-extracting format (.exe format).  Double-click the files to decompress them.  A new folder will be created in the same area.  The new folder will have the same name as the compressed file.  Double-click the decompressed Setup folder and you will see two options for 'Setup'.  Double-click on the 'Setup' with the type 'Application'.  The "MF Drivers Setup Wizard" will open.

7.  Return to the Recommended for You section and click on the file named [Windows 32bit & 64bit] Tool Box Ver.4.9.1.1.mf16

8.  After reading the details and disclaimer, click 'I Agree', then click the Download button and save the file to your computer.

9.  Follow the instructions in Step 6 to complete the "MF Toolbox Setup Wizard".

10.  After installing these items, restart your computer.  Once the computer has booted completely, connect the USB cable to the computer and allow a few more minutes for the installation process to complete.  After the printer shows in the [Devices and Printers] window, please right-click on the icon and select "Set As Default Printer".  Once you have that set, print a document from the computer.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements