cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELPHY CP900 Empty Ink Cassette Error

hkiefner08
Apprentice

Hi there,

I have a Canon Selphy CP900 photo printer and I recently bought new ink cassette refills that stated they were compatible with my printer. I got them home put in the new ink cassette and it keeps reading that the ink cartridge is empty to put a new one in. I’ve powered down the printer and taken the new ink cassette out numerous times and keep getting the error. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?! I am very bummed and would really like to be able to utilize my printer again but haven’t been able to. 

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, hkeifner08!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know which ink cartridge you're using and who manufactured it. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

lawnlady
Apprentice

I've recently had the same issue. I've had the same model Selphy, haven't had issues, and then suddenly the printer won't recognize the brand new cassettes as being new. I hope someone from Canon can help with this issue.

I'm having the same issue with my Canon Selphy CP900, I am using Canon Selphy CP color ink paper set KP-108IN. I even tried opening multiple brand new ink cassettes, following the exact directions in the manual, but the problem persists.

Announcements