cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CP1500 Driver

russw
Apprentice

I can't find any kind of driver for the CP1500. It is printing through Windows but through the Microsoft IPP Class Driver. It doesn't allow me to change any kind of printing settings like my old ES40 like brightness/contrast. Does anyone know where I can get the driver?

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

There is no driver.

See manual here: https://cam.start.canon/en/P001/manual/p001.pdf

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

That is disappointing. I really liked that I could set my old ES40 to brighten the print in the driver since dye-subs tends to print a tad dark on my photobooth setup.

See page 89 of the manual I linked to:

99780C6A-62CF-4EAC-8C07-869BA589F3AE.png

18C64F45-EA14-43C4-B696-2B5E11ADC935.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I tried that but when printing from USB I didn't notice any difference between 0 and +3.

jpolisel
Apprentice

I purchased a CP1500 few days ago and noticed the same problem.

When printing via SDCard the printer will follow the "Printer Settings" configured, but when printing via USB or WiFi from both PC and Android we cannot chose any printer settings in the driver (advanced driver settings shows only bordered on/off) and the printer will not follow the settings done in the printer itself - for example setting Print Finish to anything other than Glossy will still print Glossy.

In summary, printing via SDCard works well, printing via any other method does not allow to customize settings. Having to copy all images to SDCard for proper printing is a major inconvenience!

I have a Canon Laser Color MFC and that driver has so many options and features to customize! Seeing the CP1500 using a generic driver that allows no customizations makes me feel like this is not even a Canon product, I am very disappointed, and I hope Canon do something about it.

Announcements