Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: wide angle lens

Thank to every one who has taken there time and replied. Shots look amazing I will look into the sigma but think canon will do me wonders. One more thing I am going to hongkong next month should I wait and buy it cheaper there or just get it from Aus
Esteemed Contributor

Incidentally.... if you're ever wondering what images look like as taken by certain lenses, there's a website for this.

pixel-peeper.com indexes photos based on their meta data (I think the actual photos are at Flickr).  E.g. you could, for example, pick the EF-S 10-22mm and they'd show you lots and lots of photos which were taken by that specific lens.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Respected Contributor

+1 to everything said.  My only complaint with my 10-22 is that I can't use it on my full frame...  but of course I knew that when I bought it.  It's the best EF-S lens I've owned.

The 10-22 give you the ability to do some ultra-wide distortion shots for the artistic side, yet is highly correctable in post and allows for use in Architectural type shots where everything needs to be rectalinear.  99.9% of the Arch/RE shots I do were with the 10-22 (before I moved to full frame); a move which was funded entirely on money I made with the 10-22.