cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tulip lens cuts off corners

Xain
Contributor

i have a t6i and i had gotten an altera tulip lense hood.  For some reason when i use the hood, it rounds out the corners of the picture when zoomed fully out.  I have the bigger petals on the top and bottom and the smaller ones on the sides.  It looks like the there is a ring inside the zoom lense i use that may seem to stop the hood from screwing on all the way.  Is the hood not a correct fit or am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

"...nothing beats getting out and trying the things you see yourself."

I wholeheartedly agree with that.  Doing is learning.  Remember what you are doing is very important, too.  WHat works, what doesn't.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Xain:

If you go to your local library's website and look up the catalogue for Lynda.com.  If it is listed it means you have free access to an amazing array of free, but extremely professionally produced, training video materials on almost any aspect of photography from total beginner to advanced user.  If you don't have access through your libarary (which is free) then go to the Lynda.com website and you can sign up for a free month with no obligation.  I might add they let  you download the videos too, which is faster than watching them if you have a limited time offer.

If you DO have the listing, just open the link to it and follow the on-screen instructions to get access to the Lynda.com site.  From then do a search for photography and once there I suggest going to Foundations of Photography with Ben Long - he is an excellent trainer and the lessons are in bite-size chunks so you don't get training fatigue.

Let me know how it works out.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Photography is a VERY interesting hobby.  When you first get into it you spend a lot of time learning your equipment and what you "need" to do get what you want to do.  Having a good understanding of your equipment, light and shadow, and composition takes time.  Mastering these are important, however does not make a good photographer.  Looking and seeing and understanding what "you are trying to say" makes your pictures better.  This can and does happen before you have a complete understanding of your equipment.  The mechanics of taking a photo needs to be somewhat automatic so that you can concentrate on the esthetics of the photo.  That is the fun part.

And sometimes it is just luck.  See avatar.

Announcements