Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sigma c vs s 150-600mm vs tamron 150-600mm

paulbrogden10
Enthusiast

Hello

So guys which is the best I read a review last night which suggests their is no differenece? In quality of images and AF speed what do you guys think. What is key to the C is it retains 5.6 at 387mm which is more reach than the canon 100-400 mk2  at 5.6 which is about 383mm.

see the below link and tell me what you think it is good reading

http://improvephotography.com/36962/sigma-150-600mm-sport-vs-contemporary-lens-review/

Also how does the tamron messure up to these lenses.

Many thanks for your time

7 REPLIES 7

@paulbrogden10 wrote:

Hello

So guys which is the best I read a review last night which suggests their is no differenece? In quality of images and AF speed what do you guys think. What is key to the C is it retains 5.6 at 387mm which is more reach than the canon 100-400 mk2  at 5.6 which is about 383mm.

see the below link and tell me what you think it is good reading

http://improvephotography.com/36962/sigma-150-600mm-sport-vs-contemporary-lens-review/

Also how does the tamron messure up to these lenses.

Many thanks for your time

What is this, Groundhog Day? How many times, and in how many ways, have you already asked that question or a minor variant of it? Every person in this forum with any experience with any of the lenses you've mentioned has already weighed in. Either you believe what they've told you or you don't. Are you in a competition to see how many responses you can collect?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I agree with Bob. 

If you purchased your lenses from a reputable dealer, then I doubt that you would have so many worries and reservations about making a purchase.   Because you act as if the purchase is going to a one way deal, literally past the point of no return.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

well i ant touching those cheap internet companys again as you never know what you will get and buy the way they dont pay customs and tax so if you leave the country the tax man comes after you.

Here's the link to another site I belong to & it has a section devoted to owner supplied lens samples & their comments. Keep in mind many people who will hand hold have poor technique, don't fully understand the rules of photography & most importantly many feel that whatever they buy IS the best choice.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=107

The downside to any site like this is that you will be viewing web sized images rather than full high res files so when looking for critical sharpness 100% crops help but may not be supplied.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

"What is key to the C is it retains 5.6 at 387mm which is more reach than the canon 100-400 mk2  at 5.6 which is about 383mm." 

It's April Fools' Day, right?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

you guys get so upset over the same question dont ya?

it seems to me the general theme is the c and s are very simular apart from weather sealing. But does any one prefer the tamron is the real question?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements