cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sigma 18-35

nav16
Contributor

i currently have a canon t3 rebel with a 50mm lense and a stock 18-55 lense. im looking to get a good another lense like the 18-35. anyone have any thoughts on this and where can i get one for a good price because they are a little pricey?

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@nav16 wrote:

i currently have a canon t3 rebel with a 50mm lense and a stock 18-55 lense. im looking to get a good another lense like the 18-35. anyone have any thoughts on this and where can i get one for a good price because they are a little pricey?

The entire Sigma Art Series of lenses gets high remarks in most reviews.  I have never used any of the Sigma Art lenses, though.  Most of the Art lenses are primes, and I have bought a couple of the lower priced Canon primes.

I buy most of my Canon gear from one of two online vendors.  I either buy directly from Canon's Online Store, or I buy gear from one of Canon's largest online retailers, B&H Photo Video in Manhattan.

If you do buy a Sigma Art Series lens, then be sure to buy a Sigma Dock, too.  You can use it to do firmware updates, or to calibrate the lens performance to your camera body.  Sigma recently released updated firmware for their 150-600mm "C" lens, which included completely new AF algorithms.  The firmware "fixed" most all of my complaints with the lens.  The lens now focuses faster, quieter, and is noticeably sharper at 600mm.

I doubt if the wide angle 18-35mm would have any of the issues associated with a super telephoto zoom lens.  But, you will be able to calibrate the focus if you wished.  In most cases, a focus adjustment is rarely needed.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens is fantastic.  I don't own it but have used it.  It is a DC lens so it will not work on a FF if that matters to you.  I have several Art lenses and all of them are outstanding.  Some claim the 50mm f1.4 Art is the sharpest lens made.  It is definitely sharp, I mean.

The Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens is a constant f1.8 what more could you ask for?  Great lens.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements