cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

really old canon camera lens

auriclasvegas
Apprentice

Hello, I need help with an old camera lens I found a while back. My goal is to be able to use it with my Canon EOS Rebel T3i...if that's even possible. (I'm new to photography)

I've attached some pictures and want to know if you can tell me anything about it. I'm having trouble finding a lot of info on the net. It looks like it's in ok condition except there seems to be some dust inside the lens.  Do you think it's possible to open it up and get in there to clean it out?  Also do you know if they make adapters for modern usage? I've took a picture with it side by side to a modern lens, no way its gonna fit on my T3i.  If not, do you have any idea what type of camera this type of lens would fit?  I took it to a photography teacher at my school and he said it's almost 50 yrs old, he referred me to you for more info.
The lens reads:

FLUORITE No. 20058 CANON JAPAN
CANON C-16 MACRO ZOOM LENS C10x12 12-120mm 1:2.2

Thank you. Any general info you can provide about this lens is greatly appreciated. I wanna know everything about it.

It's the lens on the right with the greene on it.IMG_20180330_103551.jpgIMG_20180330_103635.jpg
IMG_20180330_104045.jpg
5 REPLIES 5

cicopo
Elite

Looks like an old Tamron Adaptal lens & is NOT a good idea to buy adapters for your camera. It will not AF & most of it's features won't work but if they did it would result in lower quality images than most modern lenses provide.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

That is not a Tamron Adaptal lens.

It is an expensive Canon 12-120mm Zoom lens for 16mm Cinematic Film Cameras or early TV production. It can not be adapted for Digital SLRs because the image circle is too small and the flange distance is only about 17mm.  See C Mount lenses

You might get get as much as $500 for it if you can find the right buyer. 

Mike Sowsun

Great, thanks for the response. Do you know if it's possible to open it up?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

No, it isn't a Tamron Adaptal lens!  Smiley Happy

It is a 16mm film camera lens.  I do not know of any adapters to make it fit a DSLR. Doesn't mean there aren't any, though.

They are or were quite common years ago.  I doubt you can get $500 for it but you might get $250/ $300 to the right person.  It was used on the Bolex 16mm film cameras.  Cool find.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

auriclasvegas
Apprentice

In case anyone reads this in the future i found a website that sells similar camera lenses. 

[link removed per forum guidelines]

Just really fascinated in these old things.

Announcements