cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with ( canon 16-35mm 2.8 II ) Blur Edges

ahmedbasha
Contributor

Hello everybody
i have problem in my lens ( canon 16-35mm 2.8 II ) the edge be a blur and not clear in left and right side of frame it was small and now stretched to center .

can i get solve to my problem ? 

Sample  : 

192A23583.jpg

192A23358.jpg

Best Wishes
Ahmed Basha

20 REPLIES 20

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
What camera did you use? What exposure settings did you use? Specifically, what were your shutter speeds?

What was your White Balance setting? I do not see what you are seeing.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:
What camera did you use? What exposure settings did you use? Specifically, what were your shutter speeds?

It shows up fairly clearly on my monitor. A wild guess would be a light leak through the viewfinder.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

It shows up fairly clearly on my monitor. A wild guess would be a light leak through the viewfinder.

I was using the iPhone.  You can only zoom in so much. 

I suspect the "blue" is simply hazy atmosphere. 

Besides, the image is more OOF than hazy or blue.

canon 5d mark iv and the settings was ( Shutter speed 30" , ISO 230 , f/7 , 16mm , WB : K5200 )

@ahmedbasha wrote:

canon 5d mark iv and the settings was ( Shutter speed 30" , ISO 230 , f/7 , 16mm , WB : K5200 )

Your shutter speed is too slow.  

With an ultra wide angle lens, you really do not need to stop down the aperture to get a deep depth of field.  You can focus to the hyperfocal distance at 16mm, and get the entire scenes in focus, especially the shot overlooking the city at night.

There is so much wrong with these shots that I do not know where to begin.  For example, I have never heard of ISO 230 before, so I guess that is a typing mistake.  Overall, your posted settings do not make any sense.  

I think you need photography lessons.  A DSLR is an instrument that creates photographs.  If you want snapshots, then use your cell phone.  Like any instrument, it takes time and practice to learn how to use it effectively.  

I used canon 5d mark iv and the settings was ( Shutter speed 30" , ISO 230 , f/7 , 16mm , WB : K5200 )
the problem with all photos i taken by the lens at any time

Example 

IMG_0654.jpg

Thank for caring

Ahmed Basha

@ahmedbasha wrote:

I used canon 5d mark iv and the settings was ( Shutter speed 30" , ISO 230 , f/7 , 16mm , WB : K5200 )
the problem with all photos i taken by the lens at any time

Example 

IMG_0654.jpg

Thank for caring

Ahmed Basha

The resolution is 400 x 267.  File size is 35 kB.  These are just two reasons why your images are not sharp.

"My first thought is user error."

I'm sticking with my first thought.  You need to learn how to use the camera or let someone else do it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"My first thought is user error."

I'm sticking with my first thought.  You need to learn how to use the camera or let someone else do it.

You may very well be right. But the diagnosis isn't particularly helpful unless you can at least provide a plausible speculation as to what that user error might be.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements