Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

problem with ( canon 16-35mm 2.8 II ) Blur Edges

Hello everybody
i have problem in my lens ( canon 16-35mm 2.8 II ) the edge be a blur and not clear in left and right side of frame it was small and now stretched to center .

can i get solve to my problem ? 

Sample  : 

192A23583.jpg

192A23358.jpg

Best Wishes
Ahmed Basha

VIP

Re: problem with ( canon 16-35mm 2.8 II ) Blur Edges

What camera did you use? What exposure settings did you use? Specifically, what were your shutter speeds?

What was your White Balance setting? I do not see what you are seeing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
VIP

In your case I would reset the camera and let somebody else try the same shot. My first thought is user error.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Honored Contributor

@Waddizzle wrote:
What camera did you use? What exposure settings did you use? Specifically, what were your shutter speeds?

It shows up fairly clearly on my monitor. A wild guess would be a light leak through the viewfinder.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
VIP

[ Edited ]

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

It shows up fairly clearly on my monitor. A wild guess would be a light leak through the viewfinder.

I was using the iPhone.  You can only zoom in so much. 

I suspect the "blue" is simply hazy atmosphere. 

Besides, the image is more OOF than hazy or blue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Contributor

I used canon 5d mark iv and the settings was ( Shutter speed 30" , ISO 230 , f/7 , 16mm , WB : K5200 )
the problem with all photos i taken by the lens at any time

Example 

IMG_0654.jpg

Thank for caring

Ahmed Basha

New Contributor

canon 5d mark iv and the settings was ( Shutter speed 30" , ISO 230 , f/7 , 16mm , WB : K5200 )

VIP

@ahmedbasha wrote:

canon 5d mark iv and the settings was ( Shutter speed 30" , ISO 230 , f/7 , 16mm , WB : K5200 )

Your shutter speed is too slow.  

With an ultra wide angle lens, you really do not need to stop down the aperture to get a deep depth of field.  You can focus to the hyperfocal distance at 16mm, and get the entire scenes in focus, especially the shot overlooking the city at night.

There is so much wrong with these shots that I do not know where to begin.  For example, I have never heard of ISO 230 before, so I guess that is a typing mistake.  Overall, your posted settings do not make any sense.  

I think you need photography lessons.  A DSLR is an instrument that creates photographs.  If you want snapshots, then use your cell phone.  Like any instrument, it takes time and practice to learn how to use it effectively.  

Frequent Contributor

I have the same lens, ebiggs is correct your shutter speed is way to slow, try auto and examine what the settings are, then match them in manual and adjust from there. 

VIP

@ahmedbasha wrote:

I used canon 5d mark iv and the settings was ( Shutter speed 30" , ISO 230 , f/7 , 16mm , WB : K5200 )
the problem with all photos i taken by the lens at any time

Example 

IMG_0654.jpg

Thank for caring

Ahmed Basha

The resolution is 400 x 267.  File size is 35 kB.  These are just two reasons why your images are not sharp.