cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with ( canon 16-35mm 2.8 II ) Blur Edges

ahmedbasha
Contributor

Hello everybody
i have problem in my lens ( canon 16-35mm 2.8 II ) the edge be a blur and not clear in left and right side of frame it was small and now stretched to center .

can i get solve to my problem ? 

Sample  : 

192A23583.jpg

192A23358.jpg

Best Wishes
Ahmed Basha

20 REPLIES 20

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"My first thought is user error."

I'm sticking with my first thought.  You need to learn how to use the camera or let someone else do it.

"User error" implies that you did not miss the boat.  This person is at the train station.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I don't know why " User Error " i need logical reason and why this problem with all photos with different settings with this lens , i have experience pro photography .

"i have experience pro photography ."    Smiley Surprised

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ahmedbasha wrote:
I don't know why " User Error " i need logical reason and why this problem with all photos with different settings with this lens , i have experience pro photography .

You have experience.  Great!  Post a sample image that is bigger than 35kB and contains EXIF data.  So far, you posted nothing that demonstrates your problem.  Your posted exposure settings do not make any sense, either.  

The forum rules state that you to post images up to 5MB,  In the real world there is some overhead space needed to store the photo, so you cannot post files that large.  The maximum file size that I use is about 4.5MB.  Bigger files get rejected.

Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I can see, the left side of the photo is blurred, while the center is more in focus. It appears that the lens needs to be repaired.

@Anonymous wrote:

From what I can see, the left side of the photo is blurred, while the center is more in focus. It appears that the lens needs to be repaired.

How did you reach that conclusion?  The 35kB images have a 400 x 267 resolution.  At best, they are inconclusive.  I would compare them to the thumbnails displayed in DPP when you select a file to edit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can see it in my monitor. The left side especially is blurred and the lights are shown as short lines instead of points of light. In the center, the lights are more point-like. Those pictures are not the best to diagnose a problem, I agree, but I see the center as being more in focus than the left side.

"...left side especially is blurred ..." "... In the center, the lights are more point-like."

A typical condition of that lens.  But as pointed out above, the poor sample does not lead to a discernible conclusion. Plus it is exacerbated by questionable settings by the OP.

EB

"I don't know why " User Error " i need logical reason ..."

OK, my friend, here it is.  This is a problem and if you set it purposely for that shot it is an error.

( Shutter speed 30" , ISO 230 , f/7 , 16mm , WB : K5200 )

ISO 230 ? Smiley Frustrated Really?  And, f7 ?  Not f5.6 or f8 but f7 ? There is f6.3 and f7.1 but you choose f7 ?

EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

In your case I would reset the camera and let somebody else try the same shot. My first thought is user error.

EB
Announcements