cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pentax lens on eos body

FrankGolesic
Apprentice

is there an adapter that can run the autofocus on the canon ? Have a fotodiox adapter , but totally manusl .

16 REPLIES 16

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You mean an AF adapter to work a Pentax AF lens on a Canon body for AF?  ........No, there isn't and likely never will be.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks , worth a shot . What about flashes , inherited a lot of pentax flashes

It won't work automatically either.

Almost no other camera manufacturer's gear, or off brand accessory, will work correctly with the auto features of a Canon camera. Some third party accessories work fairly well to poorly.

EB

Your flashes will work but only in the manual mode with no TTL and HSS (ISO standard center pin connection only), and if they have optical triggers - you can fire them remotely as well. For a studio-type photography that's probably all you need.

For something more like "run-and-gun" when you really need TTL and HSS - 3rd party flashes are pretty cheap these days. You can buy a Yongnuo or Godox in a $100 ballpark that will be 100% compatible with your Canon camera.

@docusync wrote:

Your flashes will work but only in the manual mode with no TTL and HSS (ISO standard center pin connection only), and if they have optical triggers - you can fire them remotely as well. For a studio-type photography that's probably all you need.

For something more like "run-and-gun" when you really need TTL and HSS - 3rd party flashes are pretty cheap these days. You can buy a Yongnuo or Godox in a $100 ballpark that will be 100% compatible with your Canon camera.

I would [not] wish Yongnuo gear on my worst enemy.  There are posts all over these forums about Yongnuo gear not being fully compatible with the Canon E-TTL system.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Their new flashes like the YN600EX-RT II (the model name looks very similar to Canon's) are fully compatible. It's more like an ethical question if it's ok to use a copy-cat flash. The Godox model (V860 II) would be vastly superior to the Canon 600 EX-RT II, but it's around $200+ (which is still pretty cheap).

This was an offtopic though... Just a recommendation for the OP if they need TTL and HSS "on the cheap", otherwise just stick with what they got, and it'll work just fine.

"I would [not] wish Yongnuo gear on my worst enemy.  There are posts all over these forums about Yongnuo gear not being fully compatible with the Canon E-TTL system."

Agree, I would never and I don't recommend or advise anyone buying one of these.  Just because they look alike doesn't mean a thing about the insides.

EB

Never had problems with Yongnuo. While I mostly shoot with strobes these days - I used a bunch of different flashguns including Yongnuo, Profoto, Canon & Godox. The YN600EX-RT II is 99% as good as the "original" Canon, for about 1/4 of the price. If money is not an object - the Profoto A10 would be my choice due to abudance of native modifiers and adapters, fast recycling, iOS compatibility (Profoto Camera), better trigger options and [most important] - I can combine it with large Profoto strobes, and even use the flash as a wireless trigger itself.

@docusync wrote:

Never had problems with Yongnuo. While I mostly shoot with strobes these days - I used a bunch of different flashguns including Yongnuo, Profoto, Canon & Godox. The YN600EX-RT II is 99% as good as the "original" Canon, for about 1/4 of the price. If money is not an object - the Profoto A10 would be my choice due to abudance of native modifiers and adapters, fast recycling, iOS compatibility (Profoto Camera), better trigger options and [most important] - I can combine it with large Profoto strobes, and even use the flash as a wireless trigger itself.

Your post reminds of the people who claim to have never had any problems using micro-SD memory cards.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements