cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there any accessory to cover the 70-200 F2.8 exposed screws

tmc784
Enthusiast

Hi all,

Is there any accessory  like a piece of soft plastic / rubber ring to slide in for covering the exposed screws after remove the tripod collar on the Canon 70-200 F2.8 III ?

Thank you for your comments.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You could get a product like the Lens Band, or use the large rubber band that bundles some vegetables like brocoli or asparagras.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Perhaps not the answer you are looking for but most of us that don't want the tripod collar to be in the way sometimes is to put it upside down so it is on top.  WHatever you do don't lose that collar they are very expensive, unless you get a knock off and neither will not be a selling point if that time comes.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I quite often take the tripod collars from my lenses as I rarely use a tripod, but the exposed screws have never bothered me - I have never known them to rust, come loose or anthing else of concern, so forgive my curiousity but why do you want to hide them?

My Sigma 150-600 has a custom rubber ring that slides over the screws when the collar is not in place, but I think it is less to proetect the screws than make it easier to hold the lens.  I have never seen a similar product for Canon though

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

tmc784
Enthusiast

Hi all,
Thank you for your kindness comments, I just get the Polaroid lens band, it does the pefect job to cover the exposed screws and my palm feel more comfortable to hold the lens.
Cheers

20190530_122246.jpg

Announcements