Canon Community Canon Community

Frequent Contributor

Re: help picking a lens for what i will use it for

1) if choosing between the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II and the Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD which do you recommend?  When/where would you notice a difference in these?

2) would either of the above be a better choice over the Canon 55-250 f/4-5.6)?? not sure if this is made for a crop or full sensor?

3) and what about that unknown 17-135mm f/1.8??

I know i'm going all over the place and I applogize but this isn't easy ;(   I hope i'm not frustrating anyone ;(  just confused... and the more i look at this the more options i consider... which i know isnt' making it any easier but rather more confusing... sigh....

The canon 24-70 f2.8L II for sure is the better lens, but do you need the best lens or a lens to take pictures indoors of your daughter. I was trying to choose myself and I went for Tamron 24-70 f 2.8 it image stabilized the canon is not there both f2.8,

both sealed to keep dust and moisture out, If you put a filter on the front. The Tamron is $1000.00 dollars cheaper which gives you options if you want to purchase another lens.

Highlighted
VIP

Re: help picking a lens for what i will use it for

[ Edited ]

"... do you need the best lens or a lens to take pictures indoors of your daughter."

All you need is a Rebel with the kit lens. Save yourself some money as the Rebel outfit will do 90% of what most people require. And do it very well I might add. Now how is that for un-confusing the situation?

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!