Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎01-15-2013

extenders (doubler for us old folks)

I have a 5d Mark ll and am interested in an extender (doubler for us old folks) and is it true thatthere are compatability issues? There are only certain brands and / or  models that I can use w/ this camera?

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 2,373
Registered: ‎11-14-2012

Re: extenders (doubler for us old folks)

The most common name for them now seems to be Teleconverters (TC's). This is the best source of info I know about them.


Make sure you understand the effect using a TC has on the AF system.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Posts: 13,169
Registered: ‎12-07-2012

Re: extenders (doubler for us old folks)

My advice is avoid them but if you have to, the Canon 1.4 is the best. But you need to see the lens' it is compatible with and works best with.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
powered by Lithium

LIKE US on Facebook FOLLOW US on Twitter WATCH US on YouTube CONNECT WITH US on Linkedin WATCH US on Vimeo FOLLOW US on Instagram SHOP CANON at the Canon Online Store
© Canon U.S.A., Inc.   |    Terms of Use   |    Privacy Statement