cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ef 70-300mm f/4-5.6 is usm is not capturing photos

lbazarnic
Contributor

I bought a used ef 70-300mm f/4-5.6 is usm and while it seems to otherwise work (IS, AF), it doesn't capture anything on the card... just black. I'm using it on an 80D. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to get my money back?

laurie

13 REPLIES 13

lbazarnic
Contributor
I took it out again right now and it does not like M mode. Won't autofocus and I get the black pic. I'd show you an example but you probably know what black looks like...

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend
Yes I know and thought about unlikely settings. The test should confirm one way or the other. In P mode outdoors on a nice day will make odd settings unlikely.
I just think the OP needs to know if the lens, which may be faulty, is truly faulty.
EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

lbazarnic
Contributor
I bought it off ebay. The seller doesn't take returns but I have the ebay guarantee thing. Instead of just filing a claim right away and giving bad feedback, I figured we could try to work together and they've been very communicative. It also bothers me that the IS is so loud. I can hear it even when it's not near my head.

You "I just think the OP needs to know if the lens, which may be faulty, is truly faulty."

Do my test first.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements