cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon lens

paulbrogden10
Enthusiast

Hello

I am trying to decide weather to sell the 100-400 mk2 then get the sigma sport 150-600 i use 600d and 7d the 100-400 with 1.4x will not auto focus any advice? I watch a guy on you tube who hand holds the sigma 150-600 sport . are you sure its heavy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkAat75_QGI

14 REPLIES 14

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... who hand holds the sigma 150-600 sport . are you sure its heavy."

Yes I am sure it is that heavy.  It is possible to hand hold it for a shot or two.  But you will not do it for an  hour or two.  I guarantee it! 

I have all three of the current 150-600mm offerings.  The C, the S and the Tammy.  IMHO, the choice is between the S and the Tamron. The reason it the Tamron is somewhat weather sealed the Sigma C is not.  The bottom line is the Sigma S is the best of the three.  It approaches what Canon makes in the super tele L series.

MPO is I don't like tele converters.  So if I want a true 600mm I have to use one of these lenses.  I would prefer Canon made the 100-400 Mk II a 100-600 Mk II but they didn't.  The Siggy S is the closest you can come to a Canon L.

Listen to me.  I am a guy that carries two 1 series all the time.  Sometimes with big lenses but always with an L type lens.  I can tell you the S is heavy.  Even for me!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Oh, BTW, the S focuses faster than either of the other two.  At least it does on a 1D Mk IV, which can focus with a f8 lens.

But even if it could only do f5.6 you can still use any of these lenses, without tele converters, as they all focus at the lens f5 aperture.

It's all good, aint it?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

hi guys why not watch my video and let me know what you think I am still woundering if i should get the sigma 150-600.

https://youtu.be/OyZayMBR9Mo

I was not sure either, so I rented one, liked the one I rented and purchased it from the rental company.

my point was the 100-400 needs an extender to reach the 600 range so its 1.4x on 100-400 vs sigma 600 on my crop 7d body.

Announcements