cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon 70-200mm ultrasonic zoom lens fit on a canon

Javv10
Apprentice
a canon 70-200mm ultrasonic zoom lens does not lock on my camera. It's a canon EOS rebel T2i. It was a gift and I need to know what should I do.
15 REPLIES 15

diverhank
Authority

It should work perfectly with your camera.  Did you try matching the lens red button with the camera red button (instead of white)?

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Is it an EF or EF-S lens? An FD or EF-M won't fit.

I don't think they make a 70-200mm EF-M.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

...and I don't think they made an 70-200mil ultrasonic either.  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

...and I don't think they made an 70-200mil ultrasonic either.  Smiley Happy

Well, I just looked. Mine says "USM". I believe that stands for "UltraSonic Motor".

Bob

" An FD or EF-M won't fit."

"Well, I just looked. Mine says "USM"."

The reply was in responce to your reply.  Not that they never made an Ultrasonic 70-200mm lens.  Yours is not an FD or EF-M is it?

Geez, it's a rough crowd aroud here! Smiley LOL

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Maybe just the lens cap says ultrasonic. I have like 4 lenses with 77mm lens caps and one of my caps says Ultrasonic, but it floats around among the different lenses. If I sold a lens there'd be a 1 in 4 random chance that cap would go with it.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

@ScottyP wrote:

Maybe just the lens cap says ultrasonic. I have like 4 lenses with 77mm lens caps and one of my caps says Ultrasonic, but it floats around among the different lenses. If I sold a lens there'd be a 1 in 4 random chance that cap would go with it.

Come on, Scott; I was born in the morning, but it wasn't this morning. (Actually, it was 80 years ago last Friday.) It says USM on the lens.

Bob

I was just being complete, he might be listing FF equivalents for all we know.

Announcements