cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon 70-200mm F4 L USM switch replacement

Mickoz1974
Contributor

I have a Canon 70-200mm F4 L USM lens, it started acting erratic plastic clicking noise, auto manual focus random. i took the plate off the side of the camera lens the AF/MF focus switch and the switches have come off, i cant get them back on even though they work. ill attach an image to show what i mean. please helpswitches fallen off

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"...please help"

OK, call Canon Service.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

One quote £120 another from a recommended canon dealer £229 minimum to fix switch clean lens in and out and recalibrate lens tech will say how much on top this will cost, canon takes two days to assess they had it 10am yesterday so I guess sometime thursday

One canon dealer wants £229 minimum and possibly more to replace switch calibrate and clean. Canon uk are doing it for £138, £20 switch hours labour and vat. 

@Mickoz1974 wrote:

One canon dealer wants £229 minimum and possibly more to replace switch calibrate and clean. Canon uk are doing it for £138, £20 switch hours labour and vat. 

If you go through a dealer, you should expect some markup for services rendered.  The dealer has to pack it up, generate paperwork, pay for shipping, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

No canon £138 not £229 like the other one that was there final quote £138

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements