cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon 100-400 II vs sigma 150-600

paulbrogden10
Enthusiast

Hi guys I am not so convinced having the 100-400 II is an improvment to my gear. as the sigma 150-600 is more reach and I find my 300mm f4 has more reach with the 1.4x mk1 extender watch my video and let me know what you think? 

hi guys why not watch my video and let me know what you think I am still woundering if i should get the sigma 150-600.

https://youtu.be/OyZayMBR9Mo

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What do I think of your video?  Your video is way too long and rambling.  I have no idea what point you were making.  Sorry.

I think the 100-400 makes an excellent "bling" addition to your kit.  Who can deny having more lenses ready and available is not a good thing.  Whether or not it is worthy of the questions that you raise is entirely up to you. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@paulbrogden10 wrote:

Hi guys I am not so convinced having the 100-400 II is an improvment to my gear. as the sigma 150-600 is more reach and I find my 300mm f4 has more reach with the 1.4x mk1 extender watch my video and let me know what you think? 

hi guys why not watch my video and let me know what you think I am still woundering if i should get the sigma 150-600.

Instead of you pre-occupation with tele-converters that push the lens past where it will AF on the camera (f/5.6 or f/8).

Why don't you try no tele-converter and cropping instead.

Without the TC you will have a lower ISO and less noise which is more conducive to cropping.

The other alternative to longer lenses, is learning techniques that allow you to get closer to your subject.

@TTMartin wrote:

@paulbrogden10 wrote:

Instead of you pre-occupation with tele-converters that push the lens past where it will AF on the camera (f/5.6 or f/8).

Without the TC you will have a lower ISO and less noise which is more conducive to cropping.

The other alternative to longer lenses, is learning techniques that allow you to get closer to your subject.

Indeed. If only you would learn the technique of getting that mountain lion to let you into his den, you might even be able to photograph him and his family with a WA lens instead of a telephoto.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@TTMartin wrote:

Indeed. If only you would learn the technique of getting that mountain lion to let you into his den, you might even be able to photograph him and his family with a WA lens instead of a telephoto.

Yes, those Cylons in his video are pretty dangerous, definately want to keep your distance.

haha that made me laugh

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I have to agree with this ....

"What do I think of your video?  Your video is way too long and rambling.  I have no idea what point you were making.  Sorry."

Use your gear.  That is the way to learn what works for you and what doesn't.  Buy it. Use it. Keep it if it does the job or sell it on if it doesn't.  Simple enough?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements