cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the EFM 22mm f/2 STM lens work for my Canon eos Rebel t5?

FutureSailor
Apprentice

I am looking at the Canon EFM 22mm f/2 STM lens and I am wondering if it will work for my Canon eos Rebel t5. I need to know as soon as possible. I have searched other places online and cannot find anything that answers my question. If someone knows and could tell me I would really appreciate it.
Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

EF-M lenses will not fit Rebels or any Canon DSLR. They are for the M-series cameras.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

EF-M lenses will not fit Rebels or any Canon DSLR. They are for the M-series cameras.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@FutureSailor wrote:

I am looking at the Canon EFM 22mm f/2 STM lens and I am wondering if it will work for my Canon eos Rebel t5. I need to know as soon as possible. I have searched other places online and cannot find anything that answers my question. If someone knows and could tell me I would really appreciate it.
Thanks!

EF-M lenses will not fit onto Rebel T5.  EF-M lenses are designed for "mirrorless" cameras, which the T5 I would suggest the EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM lens, if you are looking for a quality 22mm lens on a budget.  The following shots were taken on a T5 using the EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM lens.

Playland_Boardwalk.pdn.jpg

Fans of the Tom Hanks movie "Big" might recognize that boardwalk.  The fortune teller has been replaced by an Aquafina vending machine.  That was shot at 20mm, f/14, 1/80 sec, ISO-100.

Yes, that is a smudge of dirt on the image sensor.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@FutureSailor wrote:

Thanks!

The EF-M 22mm f/2 STM will NOT work on your Rebel T5.

But, the EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM lens WILL work on your Rebel T5.

Announcements