cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will a Canon 60d lense work with a Canon T6i?

grace303
Apprentice

Will a Canon 60d lense work with a Canon T6i?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Yes, both use EF *and* EF-S lenses.

ScottyP
Authority

They have exactly the same lens mount. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

almost all lenses EF work on both cameras ( full frame and apsc) but some EFS work only on apsc cameras. EFS is for croped sensor (mostly).

and one important thing: apsc is cropped sensor, so if you have prime lens Ef 50mm f1.8 on full frame, that lens will act like 80mm f2.88 on apsc camera (multiple with 1.6). 

@Milos1978 wrote:

almost all lenses EF work on both cameras ( full frame and apsc) but some EFS work only on apsc cameras. EFS is for croped sensor (mostly).

All EF-S will only work on crop frame cameras, not "some".

"... that lens will act like 80mm f2.88 on apsc camera (multiple with 1.6)."

I know the debate and arguments made for a 1.6 change in aperture but I, among others, do not think it is valid.  The physical specs of a lens can not change.  You must insert the word 'equivalent' or 'appearent' difference.  A 50mm f1.8 is a 50mm f1.8 and will always be a 50mm f1.8 lens.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"... that lens will act like 80mm f2.88 on apsc camera (multiple with 1.6)."

I know the debate and arguments made for a 1.6 change in aperture but I, among others, do not think it is valid.  The physical specs of a lens can not change.  You must insert the word 'equivalent' or 'appearent' difference.  A 50mm f1.8 is a 50mm f1.8 and will always be a 50mm f1.8 lens.

"Good lord, you guys really need to stop detailing a post to the last degree."

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

If it makes any difference, I doubt it, but that statement was in reference to your lack of comprehension of my reply.  This "act like 80mm f2.88 on apsc camera"  is incorrect.  Big difference and I hope you grasp it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements