Canon Community Canon Community

Honored Contributor

Re: Which lens is best paired with Canon 5Ds for bird photography

@limvo05 wrote:

Thank you. I don't think I'll be rushing out to get the R anytime soon. In fact, I thought I heard there are the R5 and RP. Not sure why so many flavors. 

The RP is to the R as the 6D was to the 5D (sort of). The R5 is to the R as the 5D Mk IV is to, say, the 5D Mk II. Get the picture?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
VIP

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@limvo05 wrote:

Thank you. I don't think I'll be rushing out to get the R anytime soon. In fact, I thought I heard there are the R5 and RP. Not sure why so many flavors. 

The RP is to the R as the 6D was to the 5D (sort of). The R5 is to the R as the 5D Mk IV is to, say, the 5D Mk II. Get the picture?

I am not sure where either the R or RP might fall in the current DSLR lines.  I think the semi-official word is that the R5 will be reflection of the 5 Series.  There is also talk of an R6 that is supposed to reflect the 6 Series of DSLRs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
VIP

"No one said that, Ernie."

Yes, yes they do. A statement doesn't have to be assigned to somebody in particular.  It is a general thought that seems to keep going around.  Particularly by the less informed and experienced folks.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!