cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which lens hood?

Jchafitz
Enthusiast

Have an older L series 70 - 200 2.8 IS USM & lost the tulip lens shade. (Grumble, grumble, grumble) Ordered an ET-83 hood online & it doesn't fit. is the ET-87 correct?  The lens was purchased for film bodies...  pre digital.  Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

hsbn
Whiz
According to Canon site, it is the Lens Hood ET-83II. Maybe the "II" makes something different.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I am holding my EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM (original... not the "II") in my hands as I write this.  

The hood is the ET-86

Good luck!

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thanks, Tim.

There are lots of third world hood suppliers, to.  If you can't find the real deal. Do a search!

But beware some are junk.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

There are lots of third world hood suppliers, to.  If you can't find the real deal. Do a search!

But beware some are junk.

I remember when most Japanese goods were considered junk. Just saying...

@TCampbell wrote:

I am holding my EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM (original... not the "II") in my hands as I write this.  

The hood is the ET-86

Good luck!

My 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II came with an ET-87 hood. It has a latch with a release button, a feature not seen on all Canon hoods. Maybe that's what differentiates it from an ET-86?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements