cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What size and where can I find replacement screws for the 70-200 2.8L IS lens?

namuwilliams
Apprentice

Three of the four screws in my 70-200 2.8L IS lens magically disappeared on the same day...I can't find anywhere online what size they are. I can't afford to send the lens into Canon - I'm sure if I can find the screws, I'm capable of screwing them in, lol.

The screws in question are the in the ring closest to the camera body. Picture attached for reference. Thanks!

70-200-28L-missingscrews.jpg

19 REPLIES 19

@bobthetog wrote:

I have found an old computer to be a good source of small screws of various sizes.

Old, grunched hard drives are usually full of such.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

nancymerrill
Apprentice

My lense has mysteriously lost the same screws...How did you resolve this ?? Any help

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Call Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON and order part XA9-1306.

Or Google that part number and order via eBay. Forum rules dont allow posting a link.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you soo much... Looks like $29 a screw and I need three....

yopifaklo
Apprentice

@namuwilliams wrote:

Three of the four screws in my 70-200 2.8L IS lens magically disappeared on the same day...I can't find anywhere online what size they are. I can't afford to send the lens into Canon - I'm sure if I can find the screws, I'm capable of screwing them in, lol. [links removed per forum guidelines]

The screws in question are the in the ring closest to the camera body. Picture attached for reference. Thanks!

70-200-28L-missingscrews.jpg

I'd suggest a very small amount of blue Locktite on the threads, to keep the screws from loosening again. You want to be very careful not to use too much Locktite, to be sure it doesn't get inside the lens.

mcdonald44
Apprentice

Anyone know what the name/size of the screw for the Canon 70-200 2.8 lense: attached is a photo. Thx in advance yo anyone who can help.

Canon-70-200-Lense-SCrews.jpeg

I believe this is the part you need. Canon XA1-7200-706 EF Screws. 

Contact USCAMERA-dot-com. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thx much John!

Just ordered the screws :--)

Jack

OwenFrost
Apprentice

I'm new to the forum but wanted to reach out and help if I can. I'm sorry to hear about the screws on your 70-200 2.8L IS lens! It can be tough to find the right replacements for a specific lens, especially when you don't know the size. Have you checked out any online stores that specialize in wire balustrade? I know some of them to have a wide selection of lens parts, so they might be able to help you out. If that doesn't work, you can also try searching on eBay. I've found some really good deals there before and they often have the exact parts I'm looking for.

1.JPG

[Commercial link removed per forum guidelines and replaced with screenshot to facilitate discussion.]

Hi there! If Canon USA is still repairing your lens, you can reach out to our Parts Department, and they will be happy to look up the screws for you. Parts are at 866-481-2569 Monday through Friday from 9am to 9pm (ET). 

Announcements