cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What’s your APS-c “holy trinity” of lenses?

GunnarFabiano
Apprentice

I have a few aps-c canon cameras and a couple dozen EF and EF-S lenses and I’ve never been able to replicate the full frame holy trinity of lenses using EF-S lenses. So what are your lens combos to cover whatever is needed if you’re out for the day shooting whatever comes your way? Are you taking only EF-S lenses? Are you mixing in some EF lenses? Primes? Any 3rd party lenses, like a Sigma or Tamron?

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

The Sigma 17~70 C was the cornerstone of my APS-C lineup.  I'm sure others also have their favorites.

IMG_0426.JPG

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0136.JPG

IMG_0546.JPG

IMG_0502.JPG

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

My 80D is my lightweight travel camera. With it I use the EF-S 10-18 STM, 15-85 USM and 55-250 STM. Those lenses cover pretty much everything I want to shoot, in one small, easy to carry bag. 

Mike Sowsun

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I have no EF-S lenses! There is only one I consider to be good, even a great lens. The Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens. It is the only one I recommend people to buy. The only other crop lens and it is an off brand is the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens. Otherwise buy EF.

You need'em all ! Smiley Wink

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

As regards APS-C, I use both DSLRs and MILCs, a person's choice depends very much on their subject preferences. My main use of lenses is predominantly at the telephoto end, at which the cropping effect gives me an advantage as regards pixel density and FoV.   Since you ask for a spread, here is what I shall offer...

For DSLR APS-C:

Canon EF-S 10-22 USM, Canon EF-S 15-85 IS USM (or EF-S 17-55 IS USM), Canon EF 100-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM MkII

That said, the EF-S 18-135 IS STM or USM kit lenses are IMHO very good units.

For MILC - EF-M mount:

EF-M 11-22 IS STM, 18-150 IS STM, 55-200 IS STM

For really long reach I use:

Canon EF-L 100-400 IS USM, the Sigma 60-600 S, or the Sigma 150-600C lens.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements