cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best lens cleaning kit/formula for Canon lenses?

willfoxylove
Contributor

My lenses need some cleaning badly! I'm using the Canon T3i and the 18-55 kit lens, the 55-250, and the 50 F 1.8

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

cale_kat
Mentor

@willfoxylove wrote:

My lenses need some cleaning badly! I'm using the Canon T3i and the 18-55 kit lens, the 55-250, and the 50 F 1.8

What sort of dirty? Hit by a muddy splash of water as you chased after elephants? Or a more pedestrian "fingerprints on my front element" dirty? If the later, you can use a bit of lens cleaning fluid and a lens tissue wipe. Gently blow loose dirt away with a squeeze blower and lightly sweep any stubborn "chunks" with a fine lens brush, usually sold as a combination tool. Repeat as necessary until you are down to lint or grease issues, then use the fluid and wipe.

View solution in original post

Amazon shows a kit here, http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Cleaning-Cameras-Canon-Pentax/dp/B0080JH3YE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qi...

Maybe buy it at a local photography shop and support those guys. It couldn't be that much more than the online cost.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

cale_kat
Mentor

@willfoxylove wrote:

What sort of dirty? Hit by a muddy splash of water as you chased after elephants? Or a more pedestrian "fingerprints on my front element" dirty? If the later, you can use a bit of lens cleaning fluid and a lens tissue wipe. Gently blow loose dirt away with a squeeze blower and lightly sweep any stubborn "chunks" with a fine lens brush, usually sold as a combination tool. Repeat as necessary until you are down to lint or grease issues, then use the fluid and wipe.

Both! But mostly the second :P. So any cleaning kit on Amazon will do?

Amazon shows a kit here, http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Cleaning-Cameras-Canon-Pentax/dp/B0080JH3YE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qi...

Maybe buy it at a local photography shop and support those guys. It couldn't be that much more than the online cost.

JonKline
Enthusiast

The big box stores like Sam's Club and Costco usually have huge boxes of Zeiss lens wipes for crazy cheap.  I always keep a small stack in my camera bag.