cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the absolute best/sharpest lenses for a Canon Fullframe camera?

rimaslagu79
Apprentice

Hi,

I currently own a 6D (classic) and these 3 Lenses:

Canon 50mm 1.8 STM Canon 85mm 1.8 USM Samyang/Rokinon 14mm 2.8

The Samyang is fine, I use it for landscape at f8 and its super sharp.

But the 2 Canon lenses have a problem, they are not really that sharp at f1.8 Its not a focus problem, focus is perfect, they just dont have the optical Quality of higher end lenses.

What would be a lens wich is visibly better?

I heard the Sigma ART Prime Lenses 24/35/50 mm etc are extremely sharp even wide open... I would be interested in the Sigma 35mm 1.4 ART... I read thats its one of the sharpest lenses on the market.

What do you think? Is it really that sharp? Any alternatives? Price is quite hefty where I live.. around 800 USD ;/

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If you think the Samyang/Rokinon 14mm 2.8 FX is sharper than the two Canon lenses you have, you have other problems besides sharpness in lenses. You might be confusing distortion and aberrations for IQ. If you are doing night time sky shots the Samyang/Rokinon 14mm 2.8 FX is a good choice but not for regular work, IMHO, of course.

Any Sigma is going to be sharper and a much better lens than the Samyang/Rokinon 14mm 2.8 FX, IMHO, of course.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Do you think comparing one lens stopped down to f/8 to another lens wide open at f/1.8 is a fair test?  I don't.  Compare them with the same aperture settings.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements