cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tamron lens compatibility with t5i?

dnbjulie
Apprentice

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows whether a Tamron AF28-300mm/3.5-6.3 XR Di lens is compatible with the t5i. According to Tamron's website, it is compatible with the t3i and t4i but does not list the t5i. I was thinking that webpage I referenced may not be up to date. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Julie ^_^

BTW, the Model number is A061E

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cicopo
Elite

It will fit & should work as designed but every soo often the odd older lens needs to be re chipped to work properly. If you have the lens already try it out & verify that the AF works properly. There isn't any reason not to install it & take some test shots.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

cicopo
Elite

It will fit & should work as designed but every soo often the odd older lens needs to be re chipped to work properly. If you have the lens already try it out & verify that the AF works properly. There isn't any reason not to install it & take some test shots.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Ah, I see. I have not purchased the camera yet but I am hoping a reputable camera store will let me try it out. Thanks so much for the information!

Julie

I called around and the only place open was a Best Buy by my house. They have one on display and said I could come in and test out my lens. I'll update this after my visit in case anyone else was wondering the same thing. ^_^

Okay, I tested it out at Best Buy and it worked great! The AF was working and the test shots of my kiddo looked glorious. Thank you again for your suggestion and help!

EXCELLENT

Photobee
Apprentice

I don't know anything about cameras. I have bought a tamron lens for my daughter's birthday but now I wonder whether I've bought the correct one. She has a 750d and I bought a 70-300 tamron lens with 62mm diameter. Will that fit her camera? There ares so many different types and if confused me.

Thanks 

The 62 mm is to tell you what size (diameter) the threads are on the front of the lens where filters can be mounted. If the box says it fits Canon or lists it as fitting EF or EF-S Canon mounts it will fit. Tamron makes lenses with other styles of mount (for Nikon, Sony etc) so just check the box to verify which brand it will mount to. 

Announcements