cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tamron 150-600 top glass end

firecrest1010
Apprentice

Hi All 

I hope someone on here can help me ,I have had to clean the top glass on a Tamron 150-600 lens and in doing so some of the spacers dropped out.  I was told there were only 3 that was not the case I have 9 do I put them all in ?

7 REPLIES 7

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

This is not a Tamron board, but generally there are no extra parts in a lens.

Not only do you have to put htem back, but they are probably different widths and they have to go back into the same locations.

Hi Ok sorry about being on wrong forum but I needed to know what to do so thank you gfor your help..

No problem, this is actually a pretty good place to ask, since some folks might have this lens. I have one, but I am not going to take it apart to answer your question!

@firecrest1010 wrote:

Hi Ok sorry about being on wrong forum but I needed to know what to do so thank you gfor your help..

You are in over your head.  I suggest professional repair.  Midwest Camera dot com.  They don't state support for Tamron, but I suspect they can help or point you to someone who can.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I have had to clean the top glass on a Tamron 150-600 lens ..."

Does this mean you removed the front element? How did you clean it.  It is possible you also "cleaned" any and/or all the coating on the element. That coating is extremely thin and fragile.

You don't need Midwest Camera, you need to call Tamron and set up a repair request.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

cindydcurry
Apprentice

Ooops, this is really a very difficult situation, Have you fixed the problem?

I think it unlikely we hear form the OP about this.  If he damaged the coating on the front element it is very difficult to impossible to fix. The average service shop can't do that. The lens coating would have to be completely removed before it could be reapplied.

The element must be replaced. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements