cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shooter Seeking Lens Advice

gabgabpresents
Apprentice

Hello everybody,

I'm a video editor/audio recordist by trade who is getting hired more and more to shoot video.  Trying to get myself up to speed and got into a T3i about a year ago to start learning to  be more able and skilled with DSLR style cameras.  I'm often hired to shoot and edit weddings, corporate events  and concert/concert like environments.

I am interested in opionions outt there about nice lenses I could invest into to use in these suggested shooting invironments for now with my T3i and down the road when I upgrade my cmaera body to a supperior model as well.

I just use a Cannon 24-105 4L for a corporate event this.  I never felt lacking in my ability to supply and ample wide shot but often wanted to be able to zoom in farther when on the fly having to shoot across the room.  I also had moments of needing more light to achieve a crisper image.

Anybody out there have any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You may not like my suggestion but if video is your main most thing, you need a true video camera.  The T3i is a DSLR that shoots video.  It is not a true video camera.

A wide zoom range in the DSLR world is going to have compromises.  There is the EF-S 18-200mm but the quality is not there, IMHO, of course.  Especially comparing it to the excellent EF 24-105mm L lens.

Another is the  EF-S 55-250mm and is better, IMHO.  Any lens with STM in its name will be better, too.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements