Canon Community Canon Community

Respected Contributor

Re: Renting Lenses

Wish I knew a safe way to sell a thing like this without eBay.  I have a pristine 17-55 I paid $1,040.00 for after using it only 12 months.  I'd sell for $475 because I have no crop body anymore. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Honored Contributor

ScottyP wrote:

Wish I knew a safe way to sell a thing like this without eBay.  I have a pristine 17-55 I paid $1,040.00 for after using it only 12 months.  I'd sell for $475 because I have no crop body anymore. 

You and Ernie Biggs may be the only ones in the group who have gone completely FF. But I think almost everybody else who needs the 17-55 already has it. (My wife and I both do.) So you'll probably have to cast a wider net.  Smiley Wink  What you need is somebody on a ski trip to your area who could pick it up and pay you in person.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Esteemed Contributor

@ScottyP wrote:

There's always Craigslist.  With Craigslist the buyers are usually local to your area so typically there's no shipping and mailing of money.  You can arrange to meet a location such as a local coffee shop to avoid having to invite the buyer to your home.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Honored Contributor

RobertTheFat wrote:

ScottyP wrote:

You and Ernie Biggs may be the only ones in the group who have gone completely FF. But I think almost everybody else who needs the 17-55 already has it. (My wife and I both do.) So you'll probably have to cast a wider net.  Smiley Wink  What you need is somebody on a ski trip to your area who could pick it up and pay you in person.

Actually, it's John who lives in ski country, isn't it? Ah, me. The mind starts to go first when you get old. Please excuse my confusion.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
VIP

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
VIP

Bob from Boston said,

"You and Ernie Biggs may be the only ones in the group who have gone completely FF."

Well yes and no.  My main most cameras all use only EF lenses but they are not all FF.  I still use a 1D Mk IIn and my beloved 1D Mk IV.  Both crop bodies.  All my Nikons are FF now but they can use either DX or FX lenses.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!