cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renting Lenses

mstu33
Contributor

I will be shooting an event for work next week and would like some advice about possibly renting a lens/flash. 

The event is a dinner and awards ceremony for the top donors to our organization. I currently shoot with a Canon T3i and have a 50mm f1.8, Sigma 70-300mm, Canon 28-80mm and an 18-55mm kit lens. I also have a Speedlite TT560 flash.

I'm not sure yet if I have the budget to rent a lens for this event, but if I do, which would you suggest?  

15 REPLIES 15

Wish I knew a safe way to sell a thing like this without eBay.  I have a pristine 17-55 I paid $1,040.00 for after using it only 12 months.  I'd sell for $475 because I have no crop body anymore. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

ScottyP wrote:

Wish I knew a safe way to sell a thing like this without eBay.  I have a pristine 17-55 I paid $1,040.00 for after using it only 12 months.  I'd sell for $475 because I have no crop body anymore. 

You and Ernie Biggs may be the only ones in the group who have gone completely FF. But I think almost everybody else who needs the 17-55 already has it. (My wife and I both do.) So you'll probably have to cast a wider net.  Smiley Wink  What you need is somebody on a ski trip to your area who could pick it up and pay you in person.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

RobertTheFat wrote:

ScottyP wrote:

You and Ernie Biggs may be the only ones in the group who have gone completely FF. But I think almost everybody else who needs the 17-55 already has it. (My wife and I both do.) So you'll probably have to cast a wider net.  Smiley Wink  What you need is somebody on a ski trip to your area who could pick it up and pay you in person.

Actually, it's John who lives in ski country, isn't it? Ah, me. The mind starts to go first when you get old. Please excuse my confusion.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Bob from Boston said,

"You and Ernie Biggs may be the only ones in the group who have gone completely FF."

Well yes and no.  My main most cameras all use only EF lenses but they are not all FF.  I still use a 1D Mk IIn and my beloved 1D Mk IV.  Both crop bodies.  All my Nikons are FF now but they can use either DX or FX lenses.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ScottyP wrote:

There's always Craigslist.  With Craigslist the buyers are usually local to your area so typically there's no shipping and mailing of money.  You can arrange to meet a location such as a local coffee shop to avoid having to invite the buyer to your home.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements