cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T5 - Frozen Lens

kbmckaig
Apprentice

The zoom function has frozen on my 18-55mm lens, whether on or off the body. It simply won't turn. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It is broke!  It needs to be serviced whcih may cost more than its worth.  How long ago did you drop it?  Or, hit it against something?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I didn't drop it or hit it againnst anything. It was on a tripod. I was taking interior shots of my home. I finished in one room and spent some time tidying up the next room. 30 minutes later I went to use the camera and the lens was locked up. I only purchased the camera (kit) 2 months ago, so I assume it will be covered by the warranty. 

Yes it will be under warranty.

Where did you buy it?  If the store does not offer returns contact Canon Support yourself.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I purchased it at Best Buy.

@kbmckaig wrote:

Well, I hope they'll give you a new lens or your money back. When I bought a CD player at the BB in Cambridge MA a few years ago, they wouldn't even give me a string to tie around the box.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@kbmckaig wrote:

Well, I hope they'll give you a new lens or your money back. When I bought a CD player at the BB in Cambridge MA a few years ago, they wouldn't even give me a string to tie around the box.

Bob, he can't return it to BB because his lens/gear has passed the refund period, he'll have to deal with Canon under warranty.  Sounds like you've got problems with BB with past purchases, but in this case, it's not their problem.  Just what was the details of your purchase???   I've dealt extensively with BB in the past and still will in future, and have had all my issues (when had any) taken care of in a timely, satisfactory fashion.

Announcements