cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T3i

lvicker585
Apprentice

Can someone tell me if lenses that work with a Rebel T3i, what other Canon Cameras they will work on. One Lens is a Sigma APO DG 70-300mm the other is a Canon EFS 18-55mm IMAGE STABILIZER have others but they all have fit my T3i's.

Thanks for any help.

Leon Vickerman

3 REPLIES 3

cicopo
Elite

The exact model of the Sigma lens is needed to know whether it can be used on a full frame camera but any lens which fits your Rebel series body fits all of the Canon crop bodies. Not counting the really old bodies they are the full Rebel series, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D and the 7D.

The 5D, 5Dmark 2 & mark 3 plus 6D are FULL frame and lenses specifically designed for crop bodies may mount on them (some do, some don't) but don't work correctly on them.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Thanks for the answer.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If your Canon lenses are EF-S they will not work on all Canon bodies, If your Sigma lenes are DC they will not work on all Canon bodies. These lenses are designed for Rebel type crop bodies. They are not intended for use on 1.3 crop or FF bodies even though they may bolt up to one. The Rebel series can use almost any lens Canon currently makes and/or Sigma.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements