cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF 50mm/F1.2 teardown at lensrentals

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2018/12/disassembly-of-the-canon-rf-50mm-f1-2l/

Very different from the EF lenses they have taken apart.

(If the link gets excised, google "lensrentals disassembly canon rf 50mm"

13 REPLIES 13

Merry Christmas, Robert and to all of yours. Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Merry Christmas, Robert and to all of yours. Smiley Happy

You, too, Ernie, and all the others in the forum. For old geezers like me who are no longer employed, it's a great way to stay in touch with others who share our interest in photography. Some say the Internet helps introverts avoid actual social contact, but it's really quite the opposite: an opportunity to communicate that previous generations lacked. For several reasons, the coming year promises to be an interesting one for us, and we look forward to sharing our experiences with our Internet friends. Thanks to all of you for making it possible.

Bob & Martha

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

A little more on topic, I can't say enough good about the ef 50mm f1.2L.  I even own the FD version way, way back in the stone age.  These lenses are in a class all their own.  The ef 50mm f1.2L is unique, massive and heavy and beautiful.  Everybody raves about the diminutive 50mm f1.8 but all it has going for it is price when compared to the f1.2L.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@MikeSowsun wrote:

@kvbarkley wrote:

(If the link gets excised, google "lensrentals disassembly canon rf 50mm"

Yes, often I see my links are removed. Does anyone know the criteria they use that gets 3rd party links removed from this site? 

"We may remove posts that could be considered":

• "Promotion of third party products, promotions, websites, organizations, goods or services".

Even when those third-party vendors have had a long-term symbiotic relationship with Canon. Go figure.

I do not get your point.  Was the link removed?  No.  They seemed to allow exactly what you wished they would allow.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements