Canon Community Canon Community
 


Reply
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 3,279
Registered: ‎02-17-2016

RF 50mm/F1.2 teardown at lensrentals

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2018/12/disassembly-of-the-canon-rf-50mm-f1-2l/

 

Very different from the EF lenses they have taken apart.

 

(If the link gets excised, google "lensrentals disassembly canon rf 50mm"

Reputable Contributor
Posts: 688
Registered: ‎12-24-2013

Re: RF 50mm/F1.2 teardown at lensrentals


@kvbarkley wrote:

 

(If the link gets excised, google "lensrentals disassembly canon rf 50mm"


Yes, often I see my links are removed. Does anyone know the criteria they use that gets 3rd party links removed from this site? 

 

"We may remove posts that could be considered":

  • "Promotion of third party products, promotions, websites, organizations, goods or services".
Mike Sowsun
S110, SL1, 80D, 5D Mk III
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 4,922
Registered: ‎06-25-2014

Re: RF 50mm/F1.2 teardown at lensrentals


@MikeSowsun wrote:

@kvbarkley wrote:

 

(If the link gets excised, google "lensrentals disassembly canon rf 50mm"


Yes, often I see my links are removed. Does anyone know the criteria they use that gets 3rd party links removed from this site? 

 

"We may remove posts that could be considered":

  • "Promotion of third party products, promotions, websites, organizations, goods or services".

Even when those third-party vendors have had a long-term symbiotic relationship with Canon. Go figure.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
VIP
Posts: 11,001
Registered: ‎12-07-2012

Re: RF 50mm/F1.2 teardown at lensrentals

The elephant in the room is, Canon owns and operates this site.  They can do as they see fit.  Remember they are called "guidelines" not laws.

 

"... follow our guidelines regarding the use of or participation in the Canon Forum. Canon reserves the right to modify these guidelines at any time without notice."

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, even less and less other stuff.
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 4,922
Registered: ‎06-25-2014

Re: RF 50mm/F1.2 teardown at lensrentals


@ebiggs1 wrote:

The elephant in the room is, Canon owns and operates this site.  They can do as they see fit.  Remember they are called "guidelines" not laws.

 

"... follow our guidelines regarding the use of or participation in the Canon Forum. Canon reserves the right to modify these guidelines at any time without notice."


Nobody here argues that Canon doesn't have a right to do as they please with their site. But it's perfectly legitimate to question their judgement regarding what rules they adopt and/or how they enforce them.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Honored Contributor
Posts: 7,976
Registered: ‎08-13-2015

Re: RF 50mm/F1.2 teardown at lensrentals


@RobertTheFat wrote:

@ebiggs1 wrote:

The elephant in the room is, Canon owns and operates this site.  They can do as they see fit.  Remember they are called "guidelines" not laws.

 

"... follow our guidelines regarding the use of or participation in the Canon Forum. Canon reserves the right to modify these guidelines at any time without notice."


Nobody here argues that Canon doesn't have a right to do as they please with their site. But it's perfectly legitimate to question their judgement regarding what rules they adopt and/or how they enforce them.


Using the forum is a privilege, not a right.  I do not think you have a right to question anything.  They have “terms and conditions of use” that you agreed to.  As long as the same rules are applied equally to everyone, you have no argument.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
VIP
Posts: 11,001
Registered: ‎12-07-2012

Re: RF 50mm/F1.2 teardown at lensrentals

"But it's perfectly legitimate to question their judgement regarding what rules they adopt and/or how they enforce them."

 

No it is not.  You may do so but they do not have to explain or reason why or why not.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, even less and less other stuff.
VIP
Posts: 11,001
Registered: ‎12-07-2012

Re: RF 50mm/F1.2 teardown at lensrentals

A little more on topic, I can't say enough good about the ef 50mm f1.2L.  I even own the FD version way, way back in the stone age.  These lenses are in a class all their own.  The ef 50mm f1.2L is unique, massive and heavy and beautiful.  Everybody raves about the diminutive 50mm f1.8 but all it has going for it is price when compared to the f1.2L.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, even less and less other stuff.
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 4,922
Registered: ‎06-25-2014

Re: RF 50mm/F1.2 teardown at lensrentals


@ebiggs1 wrote:

"But it's perfectly legitimate to question their judgement regarding what rules they adopt and/or how they enforce them."

 

No it is not.  You may do so but they do not have to explain or reason why or why not.


I don't recall saying that they have to explain or reason why or why not. But I continue to stand by what I did say. You and Waddizzle are obviously free to disagree.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Honored Contributor
Posts: 7,976
Registered: ‎08-13-2015

Re: RF 50mm/F1.2 teardown at lensrentals


@RobertTheFat wrote:

@MikeSowsun wrote:

@kvbarkley wrote:

 

(If the link gets excised, google "lensrentals disassembly canon rf 50mm"


Yes, often I see my links are removed. Does anyone know the criteria they use that gets 3rd party links removed from this site? 

 

"We may remove posts that could be considered":

  • "Promotion of third party products, promotions, websites, organizations, goods or services".

Even when those third-party vendors have had a long-term symbiotic relationship with Canon. Go figure.


I do not get your point.  Was the link removed?  No.  They seemed to allow exactly what you wished they would allow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
powered by Lithium

LIKE US on Facebook FOLLOW US on Twitter WATCH US on YouTube CONNECT WITH US on Linkedin WATCH US on Vimeo FOLLOW US on Instagram SHOP CANON at the Canon Online Store
© Canon U.S.A., Inc.   |    Terms of Use   |    Privacy Statement