Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

RF 50mm 1.8 STM mount seems extra tight

Wondering if it's an issue with my new lens or common with this lens. All my other RF lenses have a smooth locking mechanism when mounting to my R5. The 50mm lens takes a bit more effort to get it to lock, it's really tight. Is this an issue? I don't want to chance damaging my R5 mount ring. 

jeff

VIP

Re: RF 50mm 1.8 STM mount seems extra tight

I don't have the adapter or 50mm f1.8 but I suspect it should mount just like any other EF lens. I suppose there could be at some point where tolerance stacking comes in to play, however.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Frequent Contributor

I believe the op is refering to an RF lens.  I don't think it should be any tighter than your other RF lenses, however as 

Frequent Contributor

I just got one and it felt a little tight also, but not so much as to be worrying. It feels tight to twist on compared to the RF 28-70, but I wonder if that is something to do with how small and light it is. Probably just feeling the mechanism more with the little RF 50 compared to the L glass I have.