cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about lenses

lukahils2
Apprentice
Hey! So I have been using my 80D with the stock 18-55mm lense for around 6 months now. I am really into outdoors/ countryside/ woodland photography and have recently got more into photographing people in the woods. I'm looking for a new lense that will give some variety to my shots, possibly with a longer zoom so I can get great depth from my images rather than having to be 10ft away all the time. Quite happy to break the bank, or not. Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Links to third party sites are not allowed in your signature. I've removed the links. If further violations to the Community Guidelines occur, you will be banned from participation in the Canon Community.

We may remove posts that could be considered:

• Abusive, hateful, discriminatory, dangerous, defamatory, harassing, threatening, or attacking others.
  • Vulgar, obscene, sexually suggestive, or otherwise offensive.
  • Fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, unlawful, spam or solicitations of any kind.
  • Violations of any laws or regulations.
  • Deliberate disruption of discussions.
  • Promotion of third party products, promotions, websites, organizations, goods or services.
  • Do not post comments in ALL-CAPS. Canon reserves the right to remove or request changes to these comments.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If this is a legit post the obvious choice and correct answer is the world class ans class leading duo. The Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens and Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM Lens. Simple, if these two can't do it, it most likely can't be done. The only last part is a super tele and/or a UWA.

Time to go to the bank! Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Again, as always it seems, we have no idea of budget - the phrase "Quite happy to break the bank, or not" is not overly quantitative...

Still, while I agree with Ernie's suggestion in terms of quality, if the bank is not very big to begin with, then I would suggest either the EF-S 18-135 STM or USM, or if the OP is happy to keep their original kit lens, then the EF 70-300 Mk I or II.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

"Again, as always it seems, we have no idea of budget ..."

... if this OP will even return! Smiley Frustrated

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements