cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos Completely Out of Focus

arceneaux811
Contributor

I have a 7D Mark ii mounted with a Tamron 70-200 f2.8 VC DI USD (That I just purchased). I took about 50-75 test shots yesterday and EVERY shot (except the one I manual focused on) were out of focus! I was shooting out doors so my ISO was at 100 Shutter speeds varied between 625+ and aperture was wide open at f2.8 (although I did shoot some at f4 and same result). The camera and lens seem to autofocusing fine however when I zoom at 100% after I take the photo, the whole shot is out of focus. I mounted my Canon 24-105 f4L to the 7D Mark ii and tested it and the shots were tack sharp. I then set my Tamron 70-200 f2.8 to the exact same settings and shot the same subject and the entire photo was out of focus...Not sure whats going on but ANY HELP WOULD BE HUGE!!!!! Thanks in Advance

21 REPLIES 21

Probaly the best choice. The problm is not focus adjustment.  It is something else.  When you get it right, it will be fantastic.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

arceneaux811
Contributor
*update* so I just received my Tamron 70-200 f2.8 back from Tamron (6 year warranty) and the issue was that the data function of the lens needed to be updated to be compatible with my 7D Mark ii. Once they updated it I mounted it on my canon and it's tack sharp!! Thanks everyone for the suggestions and help.
Announcements