cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nikkor 35mm 1.8G DX for Canon EF

jimmybeveridge
Contributor

Hello, I just switched ecosystems from Nikon to Canon. I absolutely loved my Nikkor AF-S 35mm 1.8G DX lens, particularly the sharpness. 

What lens for Canon EF would be most similar to the Nikkor? I have a T7i.

Thanks,

Jimmy

12 REPLIES 12

Smiley Happy Very happy for you.  It is a great lens and probably the best buy in a Canon "L" level lens.

No zoom touches the Siggy for IQ so don't be surprised when they can't.  It brings up the question, what is sharp enough? And that answer is, usually less then we think.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@jimmybeveridge wrote:

I liked the EF 40mm much better than the EF-S 24mm.  But, the 40mm is not exactly a walk around lens on an APS-C body.  I have had two copies of the EF-S 24mm and both had noisy AF motors for some reason.

Yes, I'm looking at the EF-S 24mm as well as the 40mm 2.8 and even the 50mm 1.8. Alternatively, I could spend a little more money if it would purchase better quality.

Jimmy

If you are looking at EF-S lenses, then I assume that you have an APS-C body.  The EF 35mm f/2 IS USM would be the closest match to the budget Nikon.  It is a really good lens on a crop sensor body.

However, the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM is selling at Black Friday prices.  I advise you to grab it up.  You won't need to buy any other lenses in that focal range.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The Sigma 35mm Art is considered one of the best prime lenses in this FL

I know it's not the same as a prime, but I have the Sigma 18-55 1.8 Art lens, so I'd like something with a different 'look'.

Jimmy

Announcements