cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie needs help!

llanago
Apprentice

Before I registered I saw a Programs and Lenses section, but after I registered, I can't find it so hope it's okay to post my question here.  I have a question about the HD Telephoto lens and the HD Wide Angle lenss that came in the Rebel T6 kit.  I've been reading the manual but can find nothing about these lenses.   I can't figure out how to put them on the camera!  I don't know that I really need or will use them, but sure would like to know how to mount them to the camera if I do want to use one.

Thanks!

llanago

8 REPLIES 8

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

They are not from Canon, and probably don't work very well.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Why the heck would Canon include them in the kit if they won't work?

If there is any question about lens mounting, try youtube. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@llanago wrote:

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Why the heck would Canon include them in the kit if they won't work?

It’s very likely that what you are talking about are intended to screw onto the front of your lens. 

And its it’s very likely that they came in a kit from a seller that was not Canon. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Rick, thanks for reminding me of uTube!  Can't believe I didn't go there first.  That's what I usually do with anything I don't know how to do.

John, the lenses came from Focus and I thought they screwed into the other lens but if they do, Focus didn't send me an adaptor or whatever I need to make it work.  I must be missing something, so off to uTube to see  if that helps.

Thanks to both of you for your help!

llanago

Hello llanago.

You probably need a step up or step down ring. Inside the lens cap for your Canon lens you should see a number like 58mm, 67mm etc. That is the thread size for your lens. Somewhere on the adapters you you should see a similar number. Then you would get an adapter to match the two thread sizes.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Well, I'm embarrassed to admit that once I read your reply I screwed one of those lenses right on!  Don't know why I didn't figure that out myself.  Esp since I have a Minolta and Vivitar film cameras, each with several lenses and filters.    And, of course, neither one of those lenses are the same size, so I'll have to get one that will work with my Cokin filters.  

Thanks again!  Think I'm ready to get out and take some pictures and experiment with my new camera.

llanago

They are junk.  You have two options, one return the kit and or two throw them into the trash can.  Not only are they junk they may damage the real Canon lens that came with the camera.  That kit is not from Canon. It is a scam to get you to buy from that retailer.

Return it if you can.  Then buy the real Canon camera kit from known good retailer.  The place where you bought it may not be a Canon retailer and that means you won't get a Canon USA warranty.  Never buy one of those all-in-one kits.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements