Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

New lense, or glide-cam & filters?

Hi all!
I am considering adding the 10-18 &/or the 17-55 2.8 to my lens setup. Currently have 24mm 2.8, 50 1.8, 70-200 f/4 (non-is).
I was dead set on the 10-18, great price - and can help me doing additional work on interiors and occasional vlogging.

On the flip side I would like to start doing more video, and without any IS lenses, I thought I might invest in a glidecam, and get some polarising and ND filters (have wanted to get good quality ones for so long) - and am wondering which to get first.
Any suggestions appreciated!

VIP

Re: New lense, or glide-cam & filters?

Just from exactly what you said in your post, I would buy the EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Lens and Photoshop.  Then learn how to use both of them.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, along with, a lot of other stuff.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: New lense, or glide-cam & filters?

A good filter brand is B+W.

As far as lenses go, Dual Pixel AF only supports 5 STM zoom lens models. I think the 10-18 is supported, but not the 17-55. The lens will work, but it might not be as smooth and quiet as other models.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."