cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need zoom lense

pachecachu
Apprentice

I have a Canon Rebel t3i & was wondering what would be the best lense to buy for zoom. Any help will be greatly apperciated! TIA

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Didn't you get the Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens with your T3i?  Yes, you have a zoom lens. So, do you want a tele zoom to add?  It is always best to keep your gear even so a good choice would be the Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens.  It will fit nicely.  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

Though the new 70-300 will give a little bit more reach, albeit with a bit more size and weight.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What lens do you have now?

Do you want a wide angle, 'normal' or telephoto zoom?

Most importantly, what is your budget?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Didn't you get the Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens with your T3i?  Yes, you have a zoom lens. So, do you want a tele zoom to add?  It is always best to keep your gear even so a good choice would be the Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens.  It will fit nicely.  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Though the new 70-300 will give a little bit more reach, albeit with a bit more size and weight.

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

Without a doubt the EF-S 55-250 IS STM Canon has a great deal on them Refurbished.

EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Refurbished $129.99

@TTMartin wrote:

Without a doubt the EF-S 55-250 IS STM Canon has a great deal on them Refurbished.

EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Refurbished $129.99

That's a great lens.  I consider it a best buy, for a budget telephoto zoom.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements